As per the provincial announcement on April 6 the library is now closed for in person service. We are offering the following limited services:
- Curbside Pickup by Appointment
- Print Scan and Faxing Service by Appointment
- Remote technology and reference assistance
- Library Re-Opening:
To comply with Alberta Health Standards we ask that all visitors abide by these guidelines:
- Temporary hours are 10-5pm Monday to Friday
- Maximum occupancy is 15 (not including staff)
- Visitors will physical distance, use hand sanitizer, and wear a mask
- Those who cannot wear a mask will not be eligible for in person services, but will be accommodated through remote and curbside service
- 1 family is permitted in the kid's area at a time
- Do not re-shelve items, place them in the blue bins
- Visitors will notify staff before using public computers
- All facility bookings and exams are suspended until phase 3
- All borrowers card fees and late fees will resume with 1 weeks grace on returns
Our hours and services will expand with Step 3 of the re-opening plan. If you are uncomfortable visiting the library in person please note that we will continue to offer contactless pickup by appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-853-4288)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How are you disinfecting books and other items?
According to the Government of Canada and the World Health Organization, Covid19 is transmissible on library material for several days. The best practice is to quarantine material which leaves the library for 72 hours. Library staff have divided our collection into 2 areas: clean and not clean. All items on our shelves are clean. All items returned through our book bin or removed from the shelf are considered unclean and will be quarantined. When items are removed from the shelves by our visitors we ask that you put them in the blue bins around the library shelves. These items will not need to be quarantined, but out of an abundance of caution will be re-shelved the following day.
- How are you protecting library staff?
Staffing at the library has been reduced to minimum levels. Staff will exercise physical distancing, wear masks, follow best practices, handling contaminated material, and sanitizing high touch surfaces.
- Can we request material from other libraries?
Yes, interlibrary loans between libraries has resumed. These resources are not coming as quickly as previous to the pandemic since there is now a 72 hour quarantine involved.
- How do I order locally available material online?
When conducting a search on Tracpac, click more search options and select Vermilion as the assigned library.