Please note that the Vermilion Library remains closed for in person service as per Alberta Health guidelines. Libraries are part of Step 3 of the re-opening plan. Library trustees are monitoring the situation and will decide on how to re-open as soon as we are permitted and all risks properly assessed. Assuming a best-case scenario, the earliest possible date to re-open is March 22. Until in person services are offered at the library we will continue do the following:
- Offer contactless pickup by appointment (email@example.com or 780-853-4288)
- Waive all late fees
- Any recently expired memberships have been renewed until May 1, 2021
- New memberships must be arranged by contacting (firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-853-4288)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How are you disinfecting books and other items?
According to the Government of Canada and the World Health Organization, Covid19 is transmissible on library material for several days. The best practice is to quarantine handled items for 72 hours. Library staff have divided our collection into 2 areas: clean and handled. All items on our shelves are clean. All items returned through our book bin or removed from the shelf are considered handled and will be quarantined.
- How are you protecting library staff?
Staffing at the library has been reduced to minimum levels. Staff will exercise physical distancing, wear masks, follow best practices, handling contaminated material, and sanitizing high touch surfaces.
- Can we request material from other libraries?
Yes, interlibrary loans between libraries has resumed. These resources are not coming as quickly as previous to the pandemic since there is now a 72 hour quarantine involved.
- How do I order locally available material online?
When conducting a search on Tracpac, click more search options and select Vermilion as the assigned library.