- Maximum occupancy on the main floor is 15
- Library patrons must sanitize their hands
- Children <12 must be adult accompanied. Families may bring 1 child (< 12) per adult (+16). Infants and children in a stroller are exempt from the total.
- Physical distance and follow direction arrows
- 1 family in the kid’s area at a time
- Do not re-shelve items after removing them from the shelf
- Material removed from the shelf will be quarantined for 72 hours
- Public computers are available for 1-hour with 15-minute breaks between use for sanitizing
- The meeting room and exam proctoring are no longer available
Frequently Asked Questions
- How are you disinfecting books and other items?
According to the Government of Canada and the World Health Organization, Covid19 is transmissible on library material for several days. The best practice is to quarantine handled items for 72 hours. Library staff have divided our collection into 2 areas: clean and handled. All items on our shelves are clean. All items returned through our book bin or removed from the shelf are considered handled and will be quarantined.
- How are you protecting library staff?
Staffing at the library has been reduced to minimum levels. Staff will exercise physical distancing, wear masks, follow best practices when interacting with the public, handling contaminated material, and sanitizing high touch surfaces.
- Can we request material from other libraries?
Yes, interlibrary loans between libraries has resumed. These resources are not coming as quickly as previous to the pandemic since there is now quarantine involved.
- How do I order locally available material online?
When conducting a search on Tracpac, click more search options and select Vermilion as the assigned library.