Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this AUP the following terms will be used and have the subsequent definitions assigned to them:
- Econolution: the network infrastructure, hardware, and software used to provide the Services.
- Services: the capability acquired from Econolution to send and receive email through the Internet, via SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, and HTTP protocols or host your domain and website.
- Bulk Email: the simultaneous transmission of a single email message to a list of contacts.
- Econolution: the company providing Services pursuant to this Agreement.
- Customer(s): purchaser(s) of Services directly from Econolution, including Resellers.
- Reseller(s): purchaser(s) of Services from Econolution for the purpose of reselling the services to their respective customers. Provisions pertaining specifically to Resellers override conflicting provisions applicable generally to Customers.
- Reseller Account(s): purchaser(s) of Services from Resellers.
- User(s): user(s) of Services, whether purchased directly from Econolution or from a Reseller.
You may not use your Mail Service to send Bulk Mail except via our Outreach or other mail marketing service. "Bulk Mail" means email messages of similar content that are sent to more than two hundred and fifty (250) recipients. Attempts to circumvent this restriction by breaking up bulk email over time, using multiple accounts, or other means will be a violation of this restriction.
You may not use a third party other than an authorized Econolution partner to send Bulk Mail that references a Mail Service email address or that has a Mail Service return email address.
You may not intentionally use your Mail Service for the purpose of receiving bulk email from others. For example, you may not submit any Mail Service email address to a "Safelist" or "Free for All" (FFA) list.
Mail messages sent to other users within your domain names hosted on the Econolution system are not Bulk Mail.
You may not send unsolicited email. Email is unsolicited if you have no pre-existing relationship with the recipient, unless the recipient has published or otherwise provided or his or her email address in a manner which implies consent to receive the email.
You may not use Econolution's network or Services to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Any activity or conduct that is likely to be in breach of any applicable laws, codes or regulations, including data protection and privacy laws and laws relating to unsolicited commercial electronic messages;
- Use of an internet account or computer without the owner's authorization;
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Introducing intentionally, knowingly or recklessly, any virus or other contaminating code into the Services;
- Collecting or using information, including email addresses, screen names or other identifiers, by deceit, (such as, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting);
- Use of any false, misleading, or deceptive TCP-IP packet header information in an email or a newsgroup posting;
- Distributing software that covertly gathers or transmits information about a user;
- Distributing advertisement delivery software unless: (i) the user affirmatively consents to the download and installation of such software based on a clear and conspicuous notice of the nature of the software, and (ii) the software is easily removable by use of standard tools for such purpose included on major operating systems (such as Microsoft's "add/remove" tool);
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Econolution network or website, or Econolution's employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS);
- Any activity intended to withhold or cloak identity or contact information, including the omission, deletion, forgery or misreporting of any transmission or identification information, such as return mailing and IP addresses;
- Interference with service to any user of the Econolution or other network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Any action which directly or indirectly results in any of our IP space being listed on any abuse database (i.e. Spamhaus);
- Conducting any gambling activity in violation of any required licenses, codes of practice, or necessary technical standards required under the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which your site is hosted or accessed; or
- Any action that is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Econolution.
You may not publish, transmit or store on or via the Services any content or links to any content that Econolution reasonably believes:
- Constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes or relates in any manner to child pornography, bestiality, non-consensual sex acts, or otherwise unlawfully exploits persons under 18 years of age;
- Publish, transmit or store any content or links to any content that is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, contains harassing content or hate speech, creates a risk to a personís safety or health, or public safety or health, compromises national security or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement;
- Is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- Is defamatory or violates a personís privacy; or
- Is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, morally repugnant.
You may not use your Econolution services to stream live sex acts of any kind, even if the content would otherwise comply with the AUP.
No High Risk Use
You may not use the Services in any situation where failure or fault of the Services could lead to death or serious bodily injury of any person, or to physical or environmental damage. For example, you may not use, or permit any other person to use, the Services in connection with aircraft or other modes of human mass transportation or nuclear or chemical facilities.
You must comply with the laws and regulations applicable to bulk or commercial email in your jurisdiction. In addition, your bulk or commercial email must meet the following requirements:
- You must have the means to track anonymous complaints; and
- You must not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner.
- You must post an email address for complaints (such as email@example.com) in a conspicuous place on any website associated with the email, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure, and you can produce the evidence of such consent within 72 hours of receipt of a request by the recipient or Econolution;
- You must use reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You must include the recipient's e-mail address in the body of the message or in the "TO" line of the e-mail.
- You must honor revocations of consent and notify recipients of the same;
These policies apply to messages sent using the Services, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via the Services. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers. These requirements apply to distribution lists created by third parties to the same extent as if you created the list.
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of a Econolution system or network, or to breach the Econolution security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques. Additionally, you may not perform such testing of your own Hosted System without Econolutionís prior written consent.
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your Econolution Services.
The Services may not be used in violation of export laws, controls, regulations or sanction policies of the United States or your applicable jurisdiction. The Services may not be used by persons, organizations, companies or any such other legal entity or unincorporated body, including any affiliate or group company, which is involved with or suspected of involvement in activities or causes relating to: illegal gambling; terrorism; narcotics trafficking; arms trafficking or the proliferation, development, design, manufacture, production, stockpiling, or use of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, weapons of mass destruction, or missiles; in each case including any affiliation with others whatsoever who sponsor or support the above such activities or causes.
Intellectual Property and Other Proprietary Rights
You may not use our Services in a manner that infringes on or misappropriates the rights of a third party in any work protected by copyright, trade or service mark, invention, or other intellectual property or proprietary information. For example:
- You may not use the Services to download, publish, torrent, distribute, use, or otherwise copy in any manner any text, music, software, art, image, or other work protected by copyright law unless you have permission from the owner of the work to use or copy the work in that manner, or you are otherwise permitted by established intellectual property law to copy or use the work or rights in that manner;
- You may not use the Services to publish content intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections; and
- You may not display another person's trademark without permission.
In addition, you may not use the Services to publish another person's trade secrets, or to publish information in violation of a duty of confidentiality. It is Econolution's policy to terminate the services of customers who are repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
Cooperation with Investigations and Legal Proceedings
If we are legally required to permit any relevant authority to inspect your content or traffic, you agree we can do so; provided however that, where possible without breaching any legal or regulatory requirement, we give you reasonable prior notice of such requirement.
We may, without notice to you, report to the appropriate authorities any conduct by you that we believe violates applicable law, and provide any information we have about you, or your users or your traffic and cooperate in response to a formal request from a law enforcement or regulatory agency investigating any such activity, or in response to a formal request in a civil action that on its face meets the requirements for such a request.
Excessive Use of Shared System Resources
You may not use any shared system provided by Econolution in a way that unnecessarily interferes with the normal operation of the shared system, or that consumes a disproportionate share of the resources of the system. For example, we may require you to repair coding abnormalities in your Cloud-hosted code if it unnecessarily conflicts with other Cloud customersí use of the Cloud. You agree that we may quarantine or delete any data stored on a shared system if the data is infected with a virus, or is otherwise corrupted, and has the potential to infect or corrupt the system or other customers' data that is stored on the same system.
Third Party Conduct
You are responsible for violations of this AUP by anyone using your Services with your permission or on an unauthorized basis as a result of your failure to use reasonable security precautions. Your use of the Services to assist another person in an activity that would violate this AUP if performed by you is a violation of the AUP.
You must use reasonable efforts to secure any device or network within your control against being used in breach of the applicable laws against spam and unsolicited email, including where appropriate by the installation of antivirus software, firewall software and operating system and application software patches and updates. Our right to suspend or terminate your Service applies even if a breach is committed unintentionally or without your authorization, including through a Trojan horse or virus.
- You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the Econolution network.
- You may only use IP addresses assigned to you by Econolution in connection with your Econolution services.
- You agree that if you register a DNS record or zone on Econolution managed or operated DNS servers or services for a domain of which you are not the registrant or administrative contact according to the registrars WHOIS system, that, upon request from the registrant or administrative contact according to the registrars WHOIS system, Econolution may modify, transfer, or delete such records or zones.
- You may not register to use any Services under a false name, or use an invalid or unauthorized credit card in connection with any Services.
Consequences of Unacceptable Use
Econolution reserves the right to suspend or terminate access to the service(s). Indirect or attempted violations of this policy, and actual or attempted violations by a third party on behalf of Customer, shall be considered violations of this policy by Customer. No credit will be available for interruptions of service resulting from any violation.
Last Updated July 31st, 2014