Important News for Patrons
Posted on Saturday December 06, 2008 at 12:49PM
TRAC (The Regional Automation Consortium) provides the automated catalogue for all libraries in Northern Lights and three other regional library systems. The consortium is changing to Polaris - a library automation system with a user friendly Windows interface similar to your computer at home or work.
Until 3:00 pm, December 24th, library service at your library will continue without interruptions:
- You can check out material
- You can place holds on material using the online catalogue (tracpac.ab.ca)
- You can browse the shelves
- Programs will continue
As of December 30th, library customers will not be able to place holds or renew borrowed items using the online catalogue and library staff will not be able to check materials in or out.
Vermilion Public Library will close December 24th at 3:00 pm and re-open January 8th at 10:00 am.
- Please talk to your librarian for more information
- The library expects to be back "online" by January 8th
- The library's online catalogue, TRACpac, will have a brand new look!
Thank you for your patience during this transition period.
Author: Vermilion Public Library