The Vermilion Public Library has many great resources for the genealogy enthusiast!
- Finding Anyone Anywhere Anywhen
- In Search of your British and Irish Roots - a complete guide to tracing your English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish Ancestors.
- Searching for your Ancestors - the how and why of Genealogy
- Links to your Canadian Past - Tome 3 Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon and Northwest Territories
- Genealogical Research Directory - National and International
- Preserving Your Family Photographs - organize, present and restore precious family photos.
- Your Guide to Cemetery Research
- Organizing and Preserving Your Heirloom Documents
- Your Heritage to Discover, To Share - an indepth study of genealogy (Video)
- A Preservation Guide - saving the past and the present for the future
- Family Tree Magazine
- More Brickwall Solutions To Genealogy Problems
- 500 Brickwall Solutions to Genealogy Problems
- Dating Old Photographs: 1840-1929
- More Dating Old Photographs: 1840-1929
- Our local booklet "Sources and Suggestions for Genealogy Research."
- Ancestry Library, which has unparalleled coverage of the United States and the United Kingdom, including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records, as well as extensive record collections from Canada and other areas (please note that this database is only available in the library)
- The Vermilion Standard(our local newspaper) beginning in 1906 and running to present
- The Vermilion Signal (the Standard’s predecessor) March 1, 1906-February 27, 1908)
- The Link 1918-1919 & the Mannville Empire January 1923 (other local papers)
Did you know that genealogy is North America’s fastest growing hobby? Put simply, genealogy is “the study and tracing of family pedigrees”.