Our mission at Vermilion Public Library is to provide and promote library and
information resources in a public space, welcoming and accessible to all.
Reports and Documents
||2011 Annual Report||2012 Annual Report||2013 Annual Report||2014 Annual Report|
Services We Provide
As a public institution, we are here to serve!
- Free Internet and public Computer use (pre-booking is recommended)
- WiFi Hot Spot (Ask at the Circ desk for a guest pass or use your library card #)
- Search our online Library Catalogue at the library or at home
- Reserve books, movies and music
- Reference Assistance
- Obituary and Vermilion Standard Archives Searching (1907-Present)
- Quick Pick displays (help you find a bestseller or popular item)
- Faxing, scanning photocopying and printing
- Database and eBook Assistance For more details on how to use this wealth of information, please ask at the desk)
- Daisy Machine rental (Developed by CNIB and brought to us by the Vermilion Lions Club, the DAISY Machine is an easy to use audio book reader. Big buttons and special features bring books to patrons with visual or motor skill difficulties.)
- Basement Rental (prices include GST):
- <4 Hour $52.50
- 4 hours or more $78.75
Vermilion Public Library is a member of the Northern Lights Library System (NLLS). NLLS is one part of the seven regional library systems across Alberta, helping deliver library services to all Albertans, regardless of where they live.
Vermilion Public Library is a participating library with The Alberta Library Card. The Alberta Library (TAL) is a province-wide library consortium. The Alberta Library Card allows library card holders to have walk-in borrower privileges to other libraries. With over 240 TAL Card participating libraries, including public, post-secondary and special libraries, the possibilities are endless!
You can get a card for any age (ages 0-15 years need a parent or guardian to sign the registration form).
Vermilion Public Library is a member of the Vermilion Chamber of Commerce. By keeping in touch with the local business community we can showcase our resources to assist Vermilion citizens.
Vermilion Public Library regularly attends the Interagency meetings hosted by CLASS. This lunch hour meeting is a great place to hear about local agencies, schools and service groups.
The Vermilion Public Library is an integral part of the Town of Vermilion, serving as a primary source of educational, cultural, and informational needs. From the public access computers to the books, movies and audio-books Vermilion citizens can be proud of their library.
The Friends of the Vermilion Public Library Society support the library in many ways:
- Raising funds to donate to specific library projects;
- Assisting the library through advocacy and promotion; and
- Volunteer work at the library.
Are you thinking of joining the “FRIENDS” organization? Contact the library for more details.
Vermilion Public Library was established by the Frog Lake Chapter of IODE in 1931 with 113 books. In 1932 the Vermilion Public Library was officially founded, years later they turned the library over to the Town. From those modest beginnings the IODE continues to support our Library.